I’ve been a bit busy and have gotten woefully behind in my blogging, also, I was in a motorcycle accident 2 weeks ago, and it’s taken me a while to be comfortable to type at my desk…
Anyway, to pick up where I left off – I DID finish my quilt by the deadline I set myself. Because I’m amazing.
Pinning the 3 layers together was no big deal. Then I trimmed it a little and began quilting. I had read the instructions for how much open area was too much for my particular batting, and decided to ONLY stitch-in-the-ditch. I soon discovered that stitching in the ditch was not as easy as I thought it would be. You have to be MORE patient and careful about making straight lines since there is a seam you’re following. I did pretty good, but had some misses -nothing to make me tear out any of the quilting.
Lastly, of course, was the edge binding. I had discussed this with my fab instructors because I’m not a fan of hand sewing. It’s so damn time-consuming!! But Patsy and Charlotte suggested (not altogether gently;) ) that I had done everything “correctly” up to this point it would be a shame to not finish like a champ. So I sucked it up, put some terrible movies on the computer and hand-sewed the last of the binding on. yes yes, hold your applause;)